Torx 4 screwdriver,
- Remove your back cover , battery, sim and memory card. Five screws need to be removed. The three circled in red require a torx 4 screwdriver. The other two require a Phillips screwdriver for removal. The screw circled in blue is shorter than the screw circled in white. Remember this when you put the phone back together.
- Looking at the top of the phone you'll see two recesses, circled below, which allow the (red) bezel to be pryed or levered off. Either use your fingernails or a mobile phone opening tool.
- With the bezel removed your phone should look like below. The power button will also come away.
- Pry the side bezels away from the phone.
- Next pry the camera surround away from the phone.
- With the camera surround removed your phone should ook like below.
- Now pry the black part (antenna) away from the bottom of your phone, as shown below. This will reveal a wire with a plug and socket type connector. Lever this up to disconnect. A ribbon connector (circled top left, in red) needs to be disconnected. Again, it attaches like a plug and socket. Just lever this up to unplug. Next, lift the black plastic part (circled in white) from right to left.
- Below you can see the cables that were disconnected in the last stage.
- Pull the circuit board towards you to reveal another ribbon connector, circled in red. Again, this attaches like a plug and socket. Just lever this away from the circuit board to unplug.
- The circuit board will now be free, as shown below.
- The next stage is to remove the touch screen. Before you do this you must heat the front of the phone with a hot air gun or hair dryer. This will loosen the adhesive holding the touch screen in place. Heat the front of the phone for about a minute then carefully slide something flat and thin (the edge of a credit card or guitar plectrum would be best) behind the touch screen. Try not to push your plastic tool too far under the touch screen or you'll get a sticky residue on the underside of it.
- With the touch screen removed your phone should look like below. The LCD screen can be levered from the point circled below but first apply some more heat around the edge of the screen. The LCD is delicate so if you feel any resistance apply some more heat before trying to lift the screen out.
- You should now have the LCD screen removed. Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly. Once you've repaired your phone, protect it against future damage, breakdown or theft from only 5p per day with insurance specialists, ProtectYourBubble.
If you have any questions about Sony Ericsson Vivaz U5i disassembly, email Or contact us on email@example.com for further help with Sony Ericsson Vivaz U5i disassembly.