How To Root Epic 4G And Install ClockworkMod Recovery In One Click
Now the tool was originally developed by XDA-Developers forum member Dameon87′s but XDA-Developers forum members Rodderik and DRockstar have tweaked it up further. Please note that this tool has only been tested on Froyo and Éclair based ROMs for now.
Let’s list down the features that are bundled up in this One Click Root.
- Dual file system support (RFS & EXT4).
- Koush’s latest hacked adbd.
- ClockworkMod recovery v188.8.131.52.
- Superuser installed.
- Busybox installed.
- ROM Manager compatible.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.Requirements:
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download USB drivers for 32 bit Windows | For 64 bit Windows.
- One Click Root for Samsung Epic 4G.
Make sure all USB drivers and ADB are installed properly, USB debugging is checked and the phone is connected to your computer.
- Extract the One Click Root zip file and run the run.bat file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and you’ll have root access on your device in no time!
- Extract the One Click Root zip file to a folder and then run the terminal.
- In terminal, navigate to the folder where you extracted the One Click Root tool and enter the following commands:
chmod 777 run.sh ./run.sh
- Now simply follow the on screen instructions to gain root access on your Epic 4G.