If you were looking to root your LG Optimus (GT540) Android Phone, then we are happy to announce that it is now available with detailed instructions. All credit for rooting this LG Optimus (GT540) goes to Paul from modaco. Here is the step by step guide on how to root this device:
- Firstly you will need to turn you device on and click on the Phone Dialer.
- On the dialer press 3845#*540#
- Now select Module Test> stability Test > Enable Root Permission
- If a password prompt appears enter “:SWIFT::GT540:” exactly as it is.
- This is it! Now you have root access available to you after you reboot your device.
- Connect Via ADB to your computer and you will be able to see a “#” root prompt.