How To Root Motorola Defy With SuperOneClick
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.Requirements:
- Motorola USB Drivers: Download for 32 bit Windows | Download for 64 bit Windows
- SuperOneClick 1.6.5 (Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later).
- USB cable.
- Install the USB drivers on your computer and restart the computer.
- Shut down the phone and restart it while keeping the volume-up button pressed. This will get your phone into bootloader mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB. Its bootloader drivers will get automatically installed.
- Restart the computer again and also restart your phone normally into Android this time.
- Connect your phone to your computer and let its normal drivers get automatically installed.
- Make sure USB debugging is DISABLED on your phone in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Launch SuperOneClick on your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Click ‘Root’. It will say ‘Waiting for device…’
- Now ENABLE USB debugging on your phone in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Wait patiently till you see a prompt on your computer saying ‘Device is rooted’.
- Reboot your phone and you’re done!