We have confirmation of achieving root access successfully on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G (also previously rumored to be called Samsung Vibrant Plus) with a single click by using popular rooting tool SuperOneClick so if you want to root this latest Samsung Galaxy S Series device, read on for our complete guide.
We just love SuperOneClick – it works like a wonder for a rooting a lot of Android devices and especially the Samsung Galaxy S series devices. That is why when XDA-Developers forum member JWhipple got his Samsung Galaxy S 4G and wanted to root it, SuperOneClick is what he tried and SuperOneClick is what did the job!
If you want to get on with the rooting process, here are the complete instructions:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy S USB Drivers (Download for 32 bit Windows | for 64 bit Windows.)
- SuperOneClick v1.6.5 (Extract the tool from the zip file to your computer; requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later.)
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Menu > Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- Launch SuperOneClick on your computer.
- Make sure that under ‘Exploit:’, ‘rageagainstthecage’ is selected and NOT ‘psneuter’.
- Click ‘Root’ and follow any instructions that you might get. Don’t worry in case you don’t get any instructions and just be patient while it roots your phone.