VISIONary Plus is now available for download that allows you to permanently root HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2 and HTC Desire HD along with an option to unroot. Unfortunately, VISIONary Root is no longer available in Market and users will have to manually install the VISIONary APK on their handsets.
The Release Candidate 12 of VISIONary comes packaged with these features:
- Temporary root is now the default
- Added option to try to Permanent root (test on Desire HD, Desire Z and G2)
- After permanent root, required kernel module is placed in /data/local for your convenience
- Added option to unroot
- Note: this does NOT rewrite your hboot – you will need to do this manually to get S-OFF.
- The first step is download the VISIONary APK file and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect you phone to the computer, mount SD and place the APK on SD card root.
- Now go to market and download Astro File Manager.
- Launch Astro File Manager and follow onscreen directives to install VISIONAry.apk.
- Once the installation is complete, exit the file manager. You will be able to see a yellow triangle icon of VISIONAry on your launcher / home screen.
- Now launch the VISIONary app, follow onscreen instructions to permanent root and wait for the process to complete.