Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S, model number GT-I9000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the Galaxy S AOKP ROM (aokp_galaxysmtd-eng.nasif.zip, 146.36 MB) to your computer.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP ROM ZIP file to your Galaxy S’s internal SD card
- Turn off your Galaxy S.
into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the
Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons. When the screen turns on, let go of
all three buttons.
- In Recovery, you can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup & Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and browse for the Galaxy S AOKP ROM ZIP file.
- After the Galaxy S AOKP ROM has finished installing, go to Advanced and select Fix Permissions.
- Select Go Back to return to the main menu.
- Select Reboot System Now.