With that said, CM10 is a great ROM for users who are seriously looking for an update. Don’t be surprised if you find some minor bugs and disabled features in the ROM, as CM10 is still a work in progress that serves as a preview of the upcoming versions. But, for the most part, the ROM is stable enough for everyday use.
Continue reading the rest of this guide to learn how to upgrade the Galaxy S2 I9100G to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100G. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with ClockworkMod Recovery installed and running stock Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM
- Download the following files and save them to your computer:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP files and place them on your phone’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and
holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until recovery
- NOTE: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option in Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on the screen that follows to confirm data wipe.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card, then browse for the downloaded CM10 ROM file. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the next screen. It may take 5-10 minutes for your phone to finish with the installation process.
- Once complete, go back to the main menu and flash gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zipin the same manner as in steps 5 and 6.
- Head back to the main recovery menu by selecting Go back.
- Reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now. It may take a couple of minutes as this is the first time your phone will boot into Jelly Bean.