In order to root your LG Optimus T, these are prerequisites and requirements:
- Download and Install SUN Java Runtime Environment [JRE]
- Android SDK –You can follow this comprehensive guide to install and learn more about Android SDK plus ADB.
- Pre-installed Drivers for LG Optimus T on your computer. You an download and install these drivers following this guide.
- The first step is to download OptimusRoot.zip (2.2 KB File Size) and save it on your desktop.
- Once downloaded, extract the ZIP file and copy it Android Tools folder created after installing Android SDK.
- Once you are done with this, connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Once connected, make sure that you do not mount it as USB Drive. Also enable USB Debugging by launching Settings on your phone and then Applications > Development > USB debugging. Check mark USB debugging in order to enable it.
- Once done, launch the SDK Manager which should be located in your computer’s C drive within Android-SDK-Windows folder.
- Now go to Start > CMD and type the following ADB commands:
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
cd /data/local/tmp ./rageagainstthecage
- Once done, you will see # symbol instead of the $. In case you see the symbol change, then you are ready to move ahead, otherwise repeat the above steps until you make # display.
- On your phone, launch market and search for SuperUser. Install the app once it shows in the search results. Please note that Superuser is a free app with ChainsDD as it’s developer name.
- Once downloaded, launch the SuperUser app on your phone and tap the settings tab on top right corner of the application screen on your phone.
- In the settings drop down menu, scroll down to the last option that says check for updates. tap on this option and wait for the updates to be found.
- Now exit Superuser and go back to Market on your phone. This time you will need to download Titanium Backup [free edition].
- Once you have downloaded this app, open it and grant Superuser Permission. Superuser will prompt you for Titanium backup seeking SuperUser access, just tap on the OK button.