Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.What this method does is, it basically replaces the unrooted kernel of the phone with a rooted one. The rooted kernel includes all the stock Samsung Intercept kernel’s modules along with a few additional files and settings from the Samsung Moment.
Here is how it’s done:
- Download ‘Samsung Moment Update’ from the link given below, and install it to your computer.
- Download ‘LouZiffer’s Samsung Updater Patch’ from the link given below, and install it to your computer.
- Download ‘Intercept Recovery’ from the link given below and save it in following location, depending on your operating system.
For 32 bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary For 64 bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\BinaryMake ABSOLUTELY SURE that you delete the file that is already there, or else you may PERMANANTLY BRICK your phone.
- Download the USB drivers for your phone using the link given below, and extract them to a location on your computer.
- Power on your phone in download mode by holding its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Camera’ and ‘End’ buttons, and connect it to your computer.
- When prompted, choose to install the drivers manually rather than letting Windows search for them automatically, and specify the location from the previous step.
- Run the SWUpgrade program that you installed in step one, and follow its instructions step by step. Be patient with the reboots as it might take a long time for the device to boot during the process.
- On your phone’s SD Card, make the following folders:
/sdx/updates /sdx/zip /sdx/backup
- Download ‘inxane’s kernel’ from the link given below and place it in the SD Card’s /sdx/zip folder.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by first powering it off and then holding its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Talk’ and ‘End’ buttons.
- Select the ‘Install zip from SD Card’ option from recovery.
- Reboot your phone once it has installed the zip.
This method was originally posted on SDX-Developer a few months ago. The kernel file’s link got dead in the meantime and those at XDA-Developers started a thread on it with working download links to the missing files, and some refinements to the method.
Download Samsung Moment Update
Download LouZiffer’s Samsung Updater Patch
Download Samsung Intercept Recovery
Download USB Drivers
Download inxane’s Kernel