Android toolkits are essential tools for professional developers and newbies who want to play with their Android devices. With these toolkits, one can easily do a variety of stuff on their Android device such as rooting, flashing custom recovery, and unlocking the phone’s bootloader.
For newbie HTC One X owners who don’t like using the command prompt and other developer’s stuff, you can try out Senior XDA Developers member hasoonn2000’s toolkit to easily play around with your Android phone. Using this toolkit allows you to easily install HTC drivers for your phone, unlock your phone’s bootloader, flash custom recovery, perform commands, gain permanent root access, reflash stock kernels, and a lot more.
Read on to learn how to flash and use this toolkit for your HTC One X.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- An HTC One X
- A RAR archive extraction tool such as WinRAR installed on your computer
- Create a backup of your mobile data or transfer your files to the phone’s SD card.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more.
Installing HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit
- Download the HTC One X all-in-one toolkit from here (One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0.rar, 44.7 MB). Do not alter the name of the file.
- Use an extracting tool to extract One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0.rar to your computer. NOTE: To make sure that this toolkit works, extract the One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0.rar directly to drive C:\ or any directory on your computer. If saved to drive C:\, the extracted files should be located at C:\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0.
- Navigate to the HTC One X all-in-one toolkit folder.
- Launch the toolkit by clicking One X.exe.
Using the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit
Unlocking the BootloaderYou can unlock your phone’s Bootloader by following these steps:
- Launch the HTC One X all-in-one toolkit.
- Click Install HTC Drivers and press GO to install the required drivers to your computer.
- Click Register at HTCDev and press GO. This will direct you to the HTC Development page. Make an account and log-in.
- Use your USB cable to connect your phone to the computer and get your phone’s Token ID by selecting Get Token ID and press Go. A command prompt will appear, displaying your phone’s Token ID. Highlight and copy the entire Token ID. NOTE: To copy your Token ID, click the right mouse button on the command prompt window. A pop-up menu will appear. Select Mark and highlight the Token ID. After highlighting the entire Token ID, press the right mouse button to copy it.
- Select Submit Token ID and submit your Token ID to HTC Development site. You will receive a file named Unlock_Code.bin via your email. Download the file and save it to the Data folder found inside the HTC One X all-in-one toolkit folder.
- Select Unlock Bootloader and click Go to begin unlocking your phone’s bootloader.
Flashing Recovery ModesOnce you have successfully unlocked the phone’s bootloader, you can now proceed to flashing custom/stock recovery on your mobile phone.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Launch One X.exe.
- Under the Recovery section, select your desired recovery. You can select any of the following:
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124
- DoomRecovery B1 (custom ClockworkMod Recovery)
- Interim (custom ClockworkMod Recovery)
- Stock recovery
- Once you have made your choice, click Flash Recovery to begin flashing the selected recovery image to your mobile phone.
Performing CommandsThe HTC One X all-in-one toolkit also lets you instantly perform the following commands:
- Boot into Bootloader
- Boot into Recovery
- Reboot Phone
- Relock Bootloader
Permanent RootTo gain permanent root access, perform the following steps:
- Connect your phone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Launch One X.exe.
- Under the Commands section, select Boot into Recovery and click Do Command. Wait until your phone boots into Recovery Mode.
- Under the Extras section, select Perm Root (GB/ICS) and click Run.
- The toolkit will automatically flash the necessary files to gain permanent root access on your mobile phone.